Position Overview: Hillwood is seeking an experienced Senior Investment Professional to join its team of real estate professionals.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in sourcing and executing on acquisitions, joint ventures and dispositions throughout the United States.
- Responsible for sourcing and overseeing the underwriting of industrial/ logistical properties in multiple markets throughout the U.S.
- Interact with and strengthen the firm’s relationship within the brokerage community and existing/prospective joint venture partners
- Conduct in-depth market research to better understand current market dynamics and support investment decisions
- Direct, oversee and review Analyst initial modeling for underwriting and models for responding to RFPs
- Responsible for the production and presentation of investment summaries and presentations.
- Capable of interacting with outside partners, lawyers and stakeholders on exchange of information and discussion of empirical results. Works closely with attorneys on documentation of deals with oversight by senior managers; over time, advance toward independent review of legal documentation
- Provide guidance and leadership to more junior members in a manner consistent with corporate culture and company policies
- Possesses leadership and management skills that enhance the execution of the business
- 7+ years of real estate experience
- Active experience in sourcing, vetting, and underwriting new investment opportunities
- Thorough understanding of real estate fundamentals and investment philosophies
- Experience negotiating purchase & sale agreements or joint venture partnership documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ARGUS required
- High aptitude for financial analysis, especially financial modeling skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate or other related Business field
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Banking
5+ to 7 years