- Collect data on competitive assets (multi-tenant light industrial real estate) including availabilities, lease comps and sale comps.
- Collect and organize data on markets and submarkets that BKM is targeting for growth.
- Consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations using proprietary BKM software
- Remain fully informed on market trends through the aggregation of outside research, creating macro market reports on a quarterly basis. These reports are used for external audiences, positioning BKM as a market leader in the light industrial space.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of leasing management software (VTS and Yardi Deal Manager) as well as third party databases (Costar), including but not limited to: accurate availabilities, transaction documents, deal status, marketing brochures, etc.
- Ad hoc market analysis for acquisitions team on selective potential targets.
- Organize and maintain research databases
- Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies
- Demonstrate resourcefulness by seeking out new and unusual sources of data.
- Pull relevant data for investor due diligence and PPM creation to support investor relations team.
- Create useful tools for field offices in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Denver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, and Seattle including competitive set and availabilities, updated on a quarterly basis.
- Present macro market reports and investment thesis to upper management and investor relations on a quarterly basis.
- Pro-actively call brokers and competitors to collect information.
- Make recommendations to asset management about the positioning of BKM s assets in the market place and how to increase exposure to potential tenants.
- In-house dedicated resource for leasing and asset management software to ensure its training, use, and development.
- Bachelor s degree in research, statistics, marketing, economics or related field required
- 3+ years of proven experience in field of research
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience utilizing CoStar, VTS, Yardi Deal Manager, web, and other data sources a plus
- Experience in leasing commercial properties a plus
- A general understanding of commercial real estate terms and investment principles
- Knowledge of industrial markets in the western region a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Pet, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan + Match
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.