We are looking for an experienced loan closer on behalf of our client, a multi-$billion European financial services institution (the “Bank”). In this role, you would support the closing of commercial real estate loans for the Bank’s balance sheet. These loans are primarily being originated as an add-on service offering to the Bank’s private wealth management clients. The products include small balance loans, as well as some bridge loans on transitional assets and syndicated loans.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience dealing with real estate finance, and ideally commercial real estate. Ideal candidates would have experience from a similar loan closing role at another lending institution, experience as a paralegal, or have worked for a title company.
- Manage the closing needs of balance sheet commercial real estate loans, including small balance, bridge and syndicated loans
- Coordinate loan closings with all parties involved and handle loan from the time of assignment to closing in target time frames established by department, business and as required by transaction and borrower
- Work closely with the Transaction Manager, Underwriting, Custodian, Trustee and Servicer and other teams throughout the closing and approval process
- Gather relevant information and documentation from various sources, including public databases, the Origination team, and the client, to ensure that Know Your Customer (KYC) records are completed completely and accurately
- Prepare closing settlement statement, review closing costs, coordinate with Operations to set up funding, and complete delivery package for post-closing servicing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS.
- 3-5 years experience working in a role associated with the closing of real estate loans (commercial real estate preferred but not required)
- Experience working in a role as a loan closer, paralegal or at a title company
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work among a diverse team and be a supportive and collaborative colleague
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Skills in structuring and planning work, and proactively manage tasks through ebbs and flows in workload
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and accuracy skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.