- Manage daily accounting and operational support requests regarding the organizations' accounting application.
- Provide technical assistance to external and internal application users.
- Key holder of accounting and performance data for import and export of data as necessary (interfaces, projects, etc).
- Implement and support accounting application modules for real estate clients. Upgrade application(s) as needed.
- Onboard and work with 3rd party partners, as determined necessary, in order to achieve company and departmental initiatives.
- Network with European end users and technology partners, attend global user groups (like EMEA) and communicate best practices and new functionality back to the organization.
- Gather and analyze various business, statutory, regulatory, and system requirements. Provide prompt issue resolution.
- Document and roll out new processes, provide training, and share knowledge.
- Performs system and business process reviews and other service reviews and makes recommendations on best practices.
- Work collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams across multiple geographic regions/countries and contribute to process development and best practices.
- Stay abreast of application trends, continue developing business knowledge and expertise.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
At RealCo our employees work in an ideal location and enjoy generous benefits packages (including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance), business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelors degree and 3+ years of related work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of multi-currency transactions especially within multi-tiered entity structures. Thorough understanding of FX gain/loss and currency revaluation to include nuisances associated with various accounting standards.
- General knowledge of financial and accounting concepts. Familiarity of accounting and tax treatment in targeted European countries.
- Understanding of multi-country accounting standards and statutory reporting knowledge - i.e. Dutch GAAP, Lux GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS, VAT reporting, etc
- Experience with shareholder loans, capital transaction processing, consolidation analysis within multi-tiered entity environment (essentially fund accounting)
- Forward thinking with the ability to leverage the application to formulate an appropriate course of action in addressing asset accounting, management and operational efficiencies.
- Experience working in software support and system administration.
- Ability and willingness to travel (abroad) if necessary.
- Ideal candidate will be fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years