Museum of Ice Cream is looking for a Project Manager who will help us grow nationally and locally by managing the builds of our new locations from conception to opening . You will be the gatekeeper of our builds, ensuring that they are carried out according to the highest possible standards of execution and are finished on time and under-budget. To be considered for this role, you should be obsessed with creating a high quality experiences, while also being highly operational, detail-oriented, and cost-conscious. You must be a master construction project manager, who take great pride in creating memorable spaces. This role can be based out of NYC or LA.
Ensure all project details are managed, and the projects are completed on time and under budget
Serve as the construction project manager on your project when needed
Create project management processes and best practices, and put the tools in place in order for them to be followed for your team members
Monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, requests for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other documents as determined necessary for a successful project.
Serve as the internal expert of your project, possessing working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contracts with general contractors, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and obtain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
Maintain good relationships with the architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and company personnel involved with the project
Work as the bridge between our Head of Construction and our construction, design, production and operations teams to manage the opening of new locations, pushing the bounds of what is possible.
Liaise with all parties involved in our builds including construction, design, finance, operations, marketing and content.
Lead the producers, designers, contractors, and any other parties involved in your project to success, ensuring all of the pieces of the puzzle come together in a consistent manner.
Work with all team leads who touch your project in order to ensure that all details are properly coordinated across the company.
Serve as an example to all team members, through your competent leadership and ownership of the creative operations processes, and through your rigorous attention to detail and high standards of success.
- You have a degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Design, Project Management or related field
- You have five years or more of previous experience in construction management, real estate project management, architecture management, or related field. Extensive experience in construction management is a MUST.
- You have experience with complicated productions, and a deep understanding of how production works
- You have an intimate understanding of what goes into the budget for a large, complex, physical buildout
- You are a process-builder by nature, and are detail- and timeline-oriented
- You have the ability to understand, review and problem solve leveraging technical and analytical skills
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and with respect
- You have the drive to build the most beautiful, engaging spaces and environments
ABOUT MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
Museum of Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job