Raider Hill is seeking an experienced Acquisitions Associate to assist the firm’s investment team with sourcing, underwriting, and managing transactions. This position requires a high level of familiarity with real estate financial analysis, property-level underwriting and valuation, and cash flow forecasting utilizing Excel and Argus. The Acquisitions Associate will be expected to participate in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions and prepare investment memorandums and presentations as needed. It is expected that the Acquisitions Associate will possess an acute attention to detail, understand general real estate market fundamentals, and have the ability to interpret, analyze and comprehend the financial performance of retail properties. This position provides exceptional professional exposure to the firm’s investment and advisory activities, as well as high-level executives at industry leading companies, with a balance of internal and external facing responsibilities. Successful applicants will have a demonstrated passion for real estate.
- Transaction Sourcing. Identify acquisition opportunities through relationships with brokers, principals, advisors, and retailers.
- Underwriting: Assist the investment team in the underwriting, valuation and financial analysis of potential transactions, major lease analyses, and redevelopment analyses utilizing Excel and Argus software by interpreting rent rolls, income statements, offering memorandums, and other relevant property level reports. Prepare cash flow models that will be utilized to value real estate investments, and project future levered and unlevered returns.
- Financial Analysis: Building and maintaining Excel models to capture complex operational and capital structures as well as waterfall calculations. Provide concise model results and sensitivity analyses for review by the firm’s senior staff as well as performing ad hoc and special projects as requested.
- Transaction Support and Management: Carry out transaction due diligence by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing various property diligence reports, leases, financial and operating information, property condition reports, taxes, insurance and service contracts, and other pertinent due diligence documents. Coordinate purchase and sale agreement negotiations with senior staff and outside counsel, and assist in transaction closings as needed.
- 2-4 years of real estate investment underwriting experience, retail real estate experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, candidates must be comfortable building models and investment decks from scratch.
- Proficiency in Argus is required.
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines.
- Strong drive to succeed and work long hours in a team-oriented, rewarding environment.
- Passion for retail real estate with a desire to grow with an exceptional team.
- Highly organized and efficient with the proven ability to handle multiple projects, think creatively, and set priorities.
- Superb verbal and written communication abilities.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree is required.
- Nature of work requires ability to organize, communicate and exchange information as well as collect, compile, and prepare work documents while operating standard business office equipment.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
- Travel to see potential acquisitions may be required.
- May require extended hours during peak periods.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Raider Hill. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
***Candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume. Raider Hill will only be contacting applicants we intend to interview for the position.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.