McCourt Partners Real Estate creates long term value through strategic investment in and the development of impactful projects in strategic cities. MG Properties, the global real estate investment and development arm of McCourt Global, currently has more than 5.5 million square feet of mixed-use space in active development. Current projects include a 740,000 square foot mixed-use development project at 360 Tenth Avenue in New York City; a 1.8 million square foot luxury residential development project on Brickell Bay in Miami, and in the Shoreditch area of Central London, a 900,000 square foot project comprised of 250,000 square feet of commercial development and a 40-story residential tower. Additionally, MG Properties controls approximately 260 acres of land in Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles.
About the Job:
McCourt Partners Real Estate is currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, ambitious individual to fill the role of a Senior Accountant. He/She will be instrumental in the day to day management of the finance/accounting department. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, internally and externally. On top of financial reporting, they will be key in the management of relationships with external partners such as Audit/Accounting firms, commercial/investment banks, and the accounting/finance departments of our real estate development partners and/or vendors.
- Ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual closes for multiple real-estate entities including GAAP and management level financial reporting.
- Producing GAAP level consolidated financial statements for internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual budget process.
- Oversight of Accounts Payable process ensuring payments to partners are made in a timely and efficient manner.
- Full Accounts Receivable ownership including issuing invoices, application of payments and clearing transactions.
- Ensure intercompany transactions are properly accounted for and eliminated in financial reporting.
- Preparation of cash flow projections, both short-term and long-term.
- Partnering with real estate development team to provide and receive project level financial updates.
- Treasury management, making sure bank accounts are properly funded to meet the requirements of the cash flow projections.
- Managing of relationships with external parties on all financial matters, including interaction with the finance teams of our business partners.
- Management of annual audit.
- Special projects and ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Above list may not be all inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities
You are very detailed, thorough, analytical and results driven. You have a can-do attitude and are happy to roll up your sleeves and truly dig in to the work at hand. You have a knack for understanding the small details, and at the same time, can craft those same details into the big picture. You pride yourself on being collaborative, trustworthy, and committed. You have very strong communication skills. You actively listen and express yourself clearly and professionally in conversations with others. You are thoughtful about the work you do and how it contributes to the enterprise’s success. You are also flexible and open to different and new ways of doing things. Lastly, you have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and can work autonomously without a lot of direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting required, CPA not required but a plus
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Strong understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Previous project accounting experience, preferably in real estate
- Proficient using Microsoft Office with intermediate to advance level Excel skills
- ERP accounting systems experience, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred
- Previous BI software experience, BI360 a plus
- Experience with accounts payable automation software tools highly preferable, KwikTag and Concur preferred
- Experience with international holdings and foreign currency accounting. Able to work with a minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts colleagues and superiors alike
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for correspondence with both internal and external parties
- Ability to complete ad-hoc requests with minimal supervision
- Employee must have the physical capability to perform all core functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core functions of the job
- Accounting / Control
This job is no longer active.