Four Corners Properties (also known as FCP) is commercial real estate developer and operator that seeks out urban infill real estate opportunities throughout Silicon Valley and San Francisco where we can unlock value through redevelopment and/or renovation. Our multidisciplinary team collaboratively forms a unique investment vision for each opportunity considering the entire project lifecycle: underwriting, acquisition, due diligence, financing, design, entitlements, permitting, contracting, construction, leasing and operations, until stabilization. As Development Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the management of the design through construction phase of multiple projects.
Overall Role Objectives:
- Scope: Accurate definition and control of project scope to match the investment vision
- Costs: Accurate budgeting, contracting, cost tracking to match the investment vision
- Scheduling: Accurate assessment of required tasks and time frames to match the investment vision
- Quality Control: Attention to detail and value engineering to match the investment vision
- Prepare project budgets based on proposals, size/quantity information, historical pricing metrics, judgement and general knowledge
- Manage design process including interviewing/engaging the architect, engineering professionals, and other consultants that comprise the design team with appropriate scopes of work that track to the budget and are completed on schedule.
- Run weekly design meetings, assign tasks and document project design status
- Manage the permit/approval process to obtain necessary permits or required jurisdictional approvals that track to the budget and are completed on schedule.
- Manage the contractor engagement process and interview/general contractors (and MEP/FS subcontractors), negotiate contractor agreements with appropriate scopes of work that track to the budget and schedule.
- Perform the owner’s leadership role throughout the construction process, participating in weekly owner-architect-contractor meetings, providing timely responses on design and construction issues, change orders, payment requests, and related topics.
- Prepare project schedules and track progress to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Communicate internally and externally with the FCP team, capital partners, lenders, insurance providers, and the like, including monthly reports and funding requests.
- Close out projects in a timely manner to include receipt of permit sign-offs, certificates of occupancy, punchlist sign-off, warranties, notices of completion, lien waivers, etc.
- Maintain document files for relevant correspondence, documents, and activities related to the projects.
- Provide quality control and value engineering options
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or similar field from an accredited institution.
- 5-10 years of experience in project management in the development/construction industry on commercial and/or multi-family residential projects.
- Solid history of interfacing with General Contractors, Subcontractors, Architects, Engineers, Consultants and other design team members
- Significant knowledge of local building codes and processes which affect design and construction.
- Experience working with city planning, building, and public works officials
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Collaborate with internal resources across multiple functions such as acquisition, leasing, accounting/finance, operations, marketing, etc.
- Network avidly within the industry and maintain a positive reputation.
- Have a reputation for building trust and goodwill within relationships
- Great attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines.
- Heightened sense of urgency and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Project, or other scheduling software
- Travel within the greater San Jose and San Francisco area to job sites, design meetings, and similar events outside the office is required.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.