Cottonwood Group is a privately-held real estate investment and management firm with over $2 billion in assets under management. We are seeking a candidate with project management experience in commercial and/or residential real estate development, working closely with developer, general contractor, construction management or closely related company.
- Manage appropriately-sized tasks associated with either construction or development aspects of the EchelonSeaport Project in Boston, Massachusetts. Appropriate size is determined by the level of the CM in his/her experience, and the number of tasks assigned to him/her.
- Provide day-to-day management, supervision, and coordination of construction activities, representing Ownership’s interest.
- Ensure that construction standards and the quality of workmanship are maintained to Ownership standards for all assigned tasks.
- Establish and coordinates the entire closing process from condo sale to condo closing within the timeframes established by the Owner
- Manage and coordinate the entire turnover process on other components of EchelonSeaport as directed by Supervisor.
- Create and prepare for execution contracts, change orders for General Contractor, and amendments for Design Team members.
- Review and monitor preparation of design and construction documents, prepared by the design team.
- Review & approve Project invoices and provide to Supervisor, with appropriate back-up, to submit for payment.
- Issue and take responsibility for change orders and field orders.
- Monitor and review RFI and submittal process.
- Resolve technical and schedule issues, providing leadership and direction with external parties.
- As appropriate, review and negotiate vendor or subcontractor scope of work and prepare recommendation for award.
- Manage and take responsibility for punch list process, ensuring timely completion of corrective work.
- Inspect work in process on a frequent basis, provide feedback to the GC to ensure project is in compliance with all specifications and report to Supervisor regarding any concerns/issues.
- Lead Project construction coordination meetings.
- Develop relationships and manage the interface (communicating both verbally and in writing) on a daily basis with design team, general contractors, city/town/township officials, inspectors and public utilities.
- Manage the daily interface (communicating both verbally and in writing) with Cottonwood staff in California Office, as well as local Project property manager.
- Provide direction in the design process by providing budget, schedule, and constructability input.
- Develop, monitor, maintain and enforce project schedules. Develop remediation plans if needed.
- Help Back Office to maintain Project record set of documents.
- Manage project closeout activities with contractors to include and not be limited to acceptance and completion of project, and ensuring final payment is secured.
- Manage project closeout activities with internal parties to ensure all required items are complete.
- Provide direction between design and construction phases of each project
- Coordinate with Project neighbors and resolve any issues or conflicts satisfactorily.
- Prepare (develop, validate and maintain) cost estimates as needed for all construction-related needs.
- Prepare Request for Proposal, bid documents, bid analysis, award letters for general contractors or Vendors.
- Manage and coordinate turnover requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with permit plan reviewers and inspectors.
- Support Supervisor and other Investment Management Team members with specific assignments and projects within the region.
- Participate in industry events (occasionally, as needed).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required with a concentration in construction technology, building construction, civil engineering or architecture preferred.
- A minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience required with a commercial and/or residential real estate developer, general contractor, construction management or closely related company.
- Previous estimating and start to finish project management experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, and other scheduling software.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout Project site, usually performed by walking, climbing stairs and climbing construction ladders.
- Involves lifting plans or boxes of 25 pounds or more occasionally.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.