Vice President of Site Acquisitions & Entitlement
The Collier Companies, a leader in multi-unit residential student housing communities, is seeking an experienced Vice President of Site Acquisitions & Entitlement to join our team. If you are seeking a career opportunity not just a job; like working in a fast paced environment that rewards success…then we want to hear from you!
- Create a pipeline of multi-family sites primarily in the Central and Coastal Florida areas to support The Collie Companies’ goal of doubling in size in ten to twelve years. Initially, this means delivering two or three communities of 300 apartment homes annually and increasing deliveries steadily.
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, site identification, due diligence, surveying, entitlement, zoning and closing.
- Ensure proper flow of information concerning contract negotiations, letters of intent, purchase & sale agreements, site acquisition, entitlements and permitting.
- Oversee the completion of Zoning and Entitlement applications for submittal to jurisdictions and coordinate those with outside counsel and vendors.
- Manage preparation and update of site status reports/databases, site close-out packages, and attend jurisdictional meetings.
- Reports to the CEO
- Must be knowledgeable of real estate markets and utilize your existing extensive network to source deals, gather data and create strong working partnerships that result in closing deals.
- Strong financial analysis, project management, risk management and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced and skilled in navigating, strengthening and creating political and community relationships.
- Must possess excellent communication abilities to include written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to understand complex deal points and prioritize and summarize for team review.
- Will have highly developed emotional intelligence skills, be self-directed and internally motivated to set a high standard for the department.
- Have attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Strong presence, holds the gravitas to interact with bankers, owners, regulatory and permitting staff.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in multifamily housing.
- Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Construction or Civil Engineering preferred
The Collier Companies offers a rich benefits package! After 60 days, employee will receive benefits of PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, LTC, and group life insurance. We also have an amazing 401K match!
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.