Mimecast is seeking a highly knowledgeable, organized, and multi-talented Facility Manager to join our progressive global facilities team. We are looking for an experienced, outgoing individual that isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves on facility management issues or tackle construction projects. You will have the opportunity to work with both highly skilled office managers and a variety of construction professionals while representing one of the leaders in providing great places to work. You must possess outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills and own your projects. You must be fiscally knowledgeable, have a solid understanding of facility management and construction management fundamentals and show a strong attention to detail. You need to exhibit initiative, work independently and provide strong team and project leadership.
- Ownership of the regional office management budget
- Provide budgetary oversight, operational coordination and leadership of local staff for assigned office locations which currently include the US and Australia.
- Proactively identify, own and solve issues within Mimecast standards and cultural guidelines
- Coordinate facility related communication efforts, vendor management (including contracts/purchase orders and compliance), employee engagement/change management efforts within the region(s) and on assigned construction projects
- Lead global office fit up projects from the conceptual stage through completion with responsibility for budgeting, organization, implementation, scheduling and turnover
- Work with our existing contracted construction project managers to ensure a high-quality build, consistent with Mimecast’s standards and delivered on time and on budget with a seamless start-up process
- Coordinate assigned capital improvement projects and repair projects to remain within desired timelines and within budget
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors, service providers, and our respective landlords
- Familiarity with Virtual Conferencing, AV equipment and electronic security systems
- Responsible for the establishing construction standards for Mimecast including furniture standards, security system, design features and other appropriate company standards
- Ensure that all projects comply with local building codes, safety codes and other regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel and manage selected construction projects, as needed. Mimecast is currently located in North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australia
- Work effectively in a global facilities organization
- Strong facility management and operational skills
- Strong skills in construction management processes, means and methods and establishing corporate standards
- Proficient with CAFM, CAD, Critical Path Scheduling Software and Blueprints
- Self-directed, able to work autonomously and takes ownership of the project
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Understanding of finance, budgeting and cost management in addition to strong analytical skills are required
- Ability to work with a wide range of people effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills: write and speak confidently, concisely, and clearly with ability to present to groups and executives
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel proficiency
- 10 plus years relevant office construction management experience in the project size range of $50k to $18m USD
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field required
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.