Brasa is currently seeking an Associate to join its Investments Group. The Investment Associate will work closely with the acquisitions leads and asset managers to provide support in acquisitions and asset management functions. Primary acquisitions responsibilities will range from initial underwriting to closing transactions. Asset management functions will include overseeing leasing efforts and business plan execution. The position will provide exposure to all property types and all major MSAs across the Western United States.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Work directly with senior acquisition officers to evaluate and underwrite potential opportunistic real estate acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s comingled funds and separate account clients.
- Engage with external parties familiar with the asset and market (investment sales and leasing brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, etc.)
- Travel with acquisition team to conduct on-site due diligence for potential new investments as well as travel to meet with existing and potential capital partners will be required.
- Prepare presentation material for possible new acquisitions.
- Monitor leasing, capital plans and development plans and prepare business plan updates and valuation analysis for portfolio assets.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics). Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficiency of real estate cash flow modeling using Microsoft Excel and Argus.
- An inquisitive and motivated personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with Acquisitions and Asset Management leads as well as Company Leadership.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and work well in a group setting.
- Integrity and hard work ethic with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Asset Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.