CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The GSAM Private Real Estate Group (“GSAM PRE”) is seeking to add an Associate to its Asset Management team in Dallas. GSAM PRE focuses on core, core-plus, and value-add real estate investment opportunities in the United States across office, industrial, multifamily, and retail property types and invests primarily through commingled funds. Today, GSAM PRE manages $3.4bn in gross asset value, with 40 dedicated professionals spread across three offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Dallas. The team evaluates & manages commercial real estate investment opportunities across a range of geographies and risk profiles.
Primary responsibilities will include managing a portfolio of 5 to 15 assets (core to value-add risk profiles) which includes business plan preparation and presentation, developing monthly cash flow projections, monthly and/or quarterly reporting, oversight of third party service providers, capital plan oversight, business plan execution, and ultimate disposition of real estate assets
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Primary responsibilities will include asset managing a portfolio of 10-15 assets
- Formulate and execute asset management strategies to maximize asset performance through knowledge of real estate markets and value-add strategies
- Engage and provide oversight of third parties which perform the day-to-day operations of the assets, including, but not limited to operating partners and property management companies, conduct weekly / monthly calls and asset visits, negotiate commercial leases
- Prepare and present business plans, including financial and asset performance data
- Establish strategic goals in conjunction with the GSAM PRE team for the asset including leasing and disposition strategy
- Support the acquisition of real estate investment opportunities through due diligence and underwriting efforts
- Review and analyze various asset reports from third parties, including monthly PMC operating reports, accounting files, CapEx projections and monthly Rent Rolls
- Lead disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Compliance and Legal
- Strong academic background - 4 year finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- 5+ years of real estate experience with a focus on asset management and transaction experience in multiple product types (office, industrial, retail, mulitfamily, etc.)
- Multi-family experience required and both multi-family and commercial experience preferred
- Effective management and leadership skills
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know MS Office Excel and Argus to an advanced level
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.