Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion-dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Commercial Mortgage Income Fund Associate Director (“CMIF AD”) role will focus on managing the external subscription line and repurchase facilities. The primary goals for the individual placed in this role will include: managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the subscription line and repurchase facilities and identifying opportunities to add new facility/line providers and improve economic terms of the line/facilities as market conditions change.
- Partner with leverage providers, including repurchase facilities and subscription line to facilitate the utilization and management of the leverage lines
- Keep updated on current market trends to help identify opportunities to improve the terms of the facilities and subscription line
- Lead negotiations and review of legal documents from a business perspective for all new subscription lines and repurchase facilities to ensure legal, finance, tax and business are progressing toward closing
- Track covenants of the various lines, including collateral performance tests, portfolio updates, and quarterly reporting
- Coordinate the onboarding of new assets to the repurchase facilities and note-on-note transactions
- Administer the onboarding of new investors and work with the sub line provider to admit them to the borrowing base
- Collaborate with leverage providers on operational matters such as custodial exception report tracking, funding notifications and future funding draws
- Track and monitor potential material modifications of levered loans and coordinate approval with repurchase facility lender
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with members of each regional office to help facilitate the onboarding of new assets and monitoring of loan asset management issues
- Develop strong working relationships with all subscription and repurchase facility lenders to enable consistent and responsive work environment between MCMIF and lenders
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and introduce profitable investment strategies and executing same through dynamic leadership, strategic planning and collaboration with experienced professionals inside and outside the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with Argus Enterprise, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field; MBA preferred.
- Strong relationships & extensive knowledge across the repurchase/warehouse facility business and general leverage strategies in the debt fund space.
- Results-driven professional with 7+ years of experience in commercial real estate loan investment.
- Asset Management
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.