Real Estate Owner/Developer/Manager – New York, NY
- This is a hands-on type of a position. Property Manager is required to be fully engaged in the day-to-day operation of his/her portfolio. The requirements described below are "MUST-HAVE" qualifications.
- Candidate must have 5-7 (A MUST ) years’ experience managing residential HUD, Sec 8, LIHTC, Condominium (Boards) Properties.
- Experience with REAL Inspections, R/S, R/C, ECB, DOB and DHCR, FDNY, HPD, clearing building violations, and REAC inspections ( A MUST). Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Service oriented and possess the ability to work with and understand problems and attitudes of clients and staff. Knowledge of the budgetary process as it relates to operating and capital expenditure budget. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Manage assigned portfolio with expertise and efficiency to achieve financial and operational objectives; increase and maintain overall quality of life; develop and maintain tenant/landlord relations; monitor conditions and capacity of building systems; effectively address issues as they arise.
- Monitor all HPD violations for assigned portfolio and address accordingly. Incoming violations must be addressed prior to completion/certification date.
- Lower overall HPD violations count, portfolio-wide.
- Prepare for HPD Dismissal Inspections by eliminating listed violations in a strategic and efficient manner. Ensure tenant-access through proper notifications.
- Prepare for weekly staff meetings and present information/documents in a clear and organized manner.
- Respond to resident issues/inquiries in a timely and professional manner whether by phone, in-person, or email.
- Respond to interdepartmental requests/inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Regularly update your direct supervisor of overall building conditions, especially but not limited to building systems malfunctions (elevator, boiler, standpipe, etc.). Provide weekly status reports.
- Be accessible via phone and/or email at all times to address emergency issues.
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations; manage and meet expectations regarding overall quality of life, cleanliness, workmanship and responsiveness.
- Meet all deadlines and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide outstanding customer service to residents while promoting relations among residents and staff, as well as Property Managers. Candidate must be responsible for taking care of various needs of the property, including regularly inspecting the grounds, facilities, and equipment to ensure that it is safe and maintained. Meet with residents to handle complaints and requests for repairs and ensure that they are properly provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Below are a list the job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the job -- whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular intervals.
- Daily walk through of the premises – daily
- Performance of weekly inspections and submission of reports of inspection – daily
- Review and approval of weekly payroll sheets
- On call in case of an emergency to assigned buildings- daily
- Analysis and resolution of resident complaints – daily
- Compose and process work orders - weekly
- Monitor work tickets issued – daily/weekly/monthly.
- Review resident’s Accounts Receivable / follow up on problem cases- monthly
- Monitor vacant unit turn around progress – weekly
- Review and approve vendor/contractor invoices – weekly
- Coordinate with the legal representative all landlord / tenant issues - monthly
- Appear in housing court – on a monthly basis
- Supervision of onsite staff – daily
- Maintain computer skills as needed
- Participate in REAC / on site MOR inspections – as scheduled
- Respond to agency audits – as needed
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.