The Financial Analyst– Real Estate Acquisitions will play a key role on the acquisitions team performing a variety of capital market activities including underwriting, market analysis, due diligence, and integration of new property acquisitions into the portfolio, financing as well as strategic dispositions of properties from the portfolio. The role will also collaborate with the asset management team with property level financial analysis, reporting and forecasting performance of individual assets and on a portfolio level.
Acquisitions / Capital Markets:
- Assist in underwriting new investment opportunities, and hold-sell / refinance analysis using Excel and Argus valuation models, and modeling investment and partnership level returns
- Review and assess analytics and assumptions of third-party financial models
- Perform financial due diligence and market research to validate underwriting assumptions
- Conduct market research and analysis to track local economic conditions in key markets
- Remain current on latest trends within the real estate industry, ensuring market information is factored into transaction and investment decision-making
- Responsible for administration of due diligence on acquisition & disposition processes
- Participating in all aspects of transactions from start to finish
- Review lease, tenant correspondence, property reports, loan documents, and other legal documents
- Assist in preparation of investment memos, presentations, and loan requests
- Maintain real estate investment pipeline on on-going basis
- Data aggregation and analysis for formulation into business plan and strategies
- Maintain database with prospective sponsors, developers and brokers
- Assist asset managers with lease analysis and other tasks as needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in multiple sectors: Industrial, Multifamily, Hospitality, Healthcare Real Estate and Office is a plus
- Prior experience in or understanding of real estate finance and discounted cash flow modeling
- Adept at understanding joint venture structures using preferred equity and waterfall concepts
- Desire to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, juggling multiple demands
- Ability to interface with leadership and C-level executives in a constructive manner
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong finance/analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and ARGUS Enterprise
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Curiosity in anticipating future trends and assessing the impact on our business.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in related field or combination of experience and education.
Please apply at selectleaders.com
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.