Rising Ground seeks a qualified professional for our Yonkers, NY location.
The Vice President of General Services is responsible for the overall management of the organization’s facilities and fleet. The Director of General Services works closely with the senior management of the organization to assist in the development of new programs and facilities.
- Facility Assessments – along with program leadership, create strategic long range and annual plans as well as projects associated with the acquisition and disposal of real properties, design of space for new construction or renovations, coordination with architects, preparation of bid documents, review of bids, negotiation with vendors, monitoring of construction/renovations, building code compliance and coordination of office moves.
- Oversee projects from planning through construction and completion in conjunction with program staff and administration.
- Supervise maintenance and custodial staff and contracted services
- Establish and monitor maintenance, repair, vehicle, elevator and exterminator policies and procedures; infrastructure, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and safety systems.
- In conjunction with the CFO, submit insurance claims
- Resolve Building Department violations
- Assist in the development of new standards related to facilities management
- Actively participates in Council meetings and organizational decision making.
- Actively participates in the organization’s Safety Committee and Risk Management Committee to ensure the safety of persons supported, staff, and Rising Ground property, that includes: fire/safety, disaster planning, and safe driver programs.
- Assumes a critical role in emergency preparedness and response to weather related emergencies and other crisis situations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable governmental facility and office standards, through regular site inspections and facilitation of regular departmental meetings.
- Assists in the identification of sites for residential and office properties, and negotiates Interfaces with landlords, architects, governmental agencies, community organizations, and vendors as necessary to fulfill the goals and objectives of the organization’s general service initiatives.
- Develops an annual plan that outlines goals to be achieved in General Services Department.
- Works with the finance department on the development of budgets and strategies for major capital projects;
- Creates and Maintains inventories of organization property and resources i.e., vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Coordinates special projects as needed.
- On call to respond to emergencies, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience at a management level
- Excellent Leadership, communication skills and management experience
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to multi-site community-based operation.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.