SSH Real Estate is a dynamic and innovative full-service Real Estate Company providing a wide range of Owner, Tenant, and Development expertise throughout Philadelphia. Located in Center City Philadelphia, SSH Real Estate’s management division has an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager. The Property Manager works directly with senior leadership to oversee a portfolio of mixed-use properties located in Center City Philadelphia. The Property Manager oversees all aspects of the daily operations of the managed buildings. Critical to this role is building & maintaining relationships with tenants and quickly and effortlessly meeting their needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and proper upkeep of the property, including vendor-supplied services such as janitorial and security.
- Oversee management of assigned properties, direct security activities, risk management, janitorial, maintenance, engineering, and tenant fit-out.
- Respond to tenant requests and coordinate with maintenance, engineering, and management to ensure positive relationships with tenants.
- Interact regularly with tenants to ensure needs are being met in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordination of move-ins/move-outs.
- Develop expense and capital budgets, with an understanding of the owner’s objectives for operating the property, and cash flow requirements.
- Reviewing and understanding all accounting aspects including general ledger accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budget variances. Responsible for maintaining data and file management of all invoices.
- Ensure certificates of insurance for tenants and vendors are maintained and up-to-date in MyCOI and contain the required information.
- Represent and communicate clearly and accurately, in person, over the phone, and in writing with tenants, vendors, management, and ownership.
- Administration of lease terms: lease clause analysis, prepare vacancy reports, enforce tenant compliance, and perform landlord obligations. Interfaces with leasing representatives and brokers.
- Bid work for all expenditures and prepare service contracts.
- Maintain budget versus actual expenditures for all tenant fit-outs.
- Understand the status of receivables and assists with tenant rent collection issues.
Initiate and Execute day-to-day operational procedures:
- Process invoices.
- Administrative duties and functions.
- Filing hard and electronic computer files, keeping them current and in the approved formats.
- Contact and interaction with various vendors including security and janitorial staff
- Maintain certificates of insurance database, ensuring compliance with contract requirements
- Communicate clearly and on a timely basis with accounting personnel using and/or providing the appropriate documentation.
- Work with accounting personal to explain budget variances.
- Clear, professional, and timely communication with all vendors and contractors on the status of invoice payments and receipt of timely invoices that are compliant with contract terms.
- Ability and desire to assist and understand the annual operating and capital budgets.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree preferred.
- At least 5+ years of recent property management experience (two years continuous in one organization)
- Proven experience in office property management, tenant build-outs, contract negotiations, vendor relations, capital improvements, site inspections, and safety programs.
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational and management skills with the ability to set priorities, responsible, resourceful, critical thinker, juggle multiple tasks at once and carry out detailed projects.
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and prioritize work activities.
- Professional demeanor with a strong client service focus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Angus Anywhere and YARDI preferred
About SSH Real Estate
SSH Real Estate is a 75-person, full-service commercial real estate company serving the Greater Philadelphia Region. Since the firm’s founding in 1952, it has evolved into one of the largest privately-held commercial real estate companies in the region with services in Investments, Property Management, and Brokerage. SSH owns a portfolio of over 4 million square feet of office, flex, industrial and multi-family; manages over 6 million square feet of commercial space, and has a robust brokerage team completing a multitude of transactions each year while representing many of the Philadelphia region’s leading companies and institutions.
- Project Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.