AMLI Residential has a new opening for a Retail Property Manager. In this integral role, you will be joining AMLI's retail team and be responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of our National retail/commercial portfolio. Key areas include vendor selection, capital expenditure management, construction oversight coordination, valet and validation management, lease administration, collections, tenant services, and maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Retail Property Management and Third-Party Consultants for capital expenditure management including construction oversight coordination for retail finish outs.
- Initial point of contact for tenant requests and concerns. Resolve tenant problems and provide on-going tenant relations; escalate to DRPM as appropriate.
- Attend preconstruction meetings and communicate requirements with architects and general contractors. Provide assistance to onsite management teams for all retail construction projects throughout the retail portfolio.
- Oversee parking management, parking structure maintenance and improvements and compliance.
- Oversee the janitorial, maintenance, landscaping and security programs for the 2nd Street District in conjunction with guidance from the City of Austin.
- Provide guidance and support for efficient property management, including construction coordination, training, guidance and tenant communication. Provide and explain retail leases, lease abstracts, COI, CO, and close out documentation for construction projects.
- Responsible for all lease administration including lease abstracts, monitoring and collecting tenant insurance, preparation of welcome package, possession/commencement letters, and other various formal correspondence. Maintain tenant lease files and tenant contact database.
- Manage all vendor contracts and relationships.
- Collect and post rent in a timely manner. Prepare monthly AR report and facilitate the collections process
- Assist DRPM with preparation of annual budget as directed and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports.
- Perform bookkeeping functions and assist with year-end reconciliations.
- Must be available on some evenings and weekends throughout the year to represent AMLI and ensure all 2nd Street District events are carried out as planned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with three to five years related experience and/or training on commercial properties, retail preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience with financial reporting. IREM or BOMA designation a plus. Knowledge of commercial building systems (HVAC, Chilled Water, grease traps etc.) is preferred.
- Some travel may be required – approximately 10%.
- On-site rental system; advanced skills in MS Excel and Word required. Experience with Entrata software is a plus.
AMLI is an equal employment opportunity employer that encourages personal and professional growth. We offer a collaborative working environment with competitive salary along with bonuses and benefit /recognition programs. If you are an energetic, hard-working, reliable, detailed-oriented, have strong problem solving skills and can work independently come join our team of professionals and discover the boundless opportunities available at AMLI.
- Business Development
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.