Senior Real Estate Portfolio Manager
This position reports to the Director of Real Estate Investments and is responsible for identifying, analyzing, selecting, monitoring, and managing investments.
As a key member of the investments department, this is a unique opportunity to help shape a growing and dynamic global real estate investment portfolio. The Senior Portfolio Manager contributes knowledge and perspective and assists in the management of the overall real estate portfolio.
- Strong commitment to APFC’s vision and its shared values of integrity, stewardship, and passion
- Self-motivation and strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- A belief that great outcomes come from great teams; a demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a small collaborative team environment
- Works with the Director to assure the success of the real estate program and developing investment strategies and guidelines.
- Screen new investment opportunities and support investment proposals with written/graphic analysis, cash flow models and stress tests.
- Complete market and economic research, as necessary. Perform regular and comprehensive due diligence; monitor, document and analyze property investments.
- With legal counsel, monitor manager adherence to contracts, investment policies and all relevant legal matters and negotiate terms and conditions of various legal agreements.
- Assists Director in the management of large JV-partnered assets and REOC Investments and managing relationships with existing partners.
- Recommend improvements to APFC real estate oversight to build efficiencies and effectiveness of overall program and assist other real estate staff in prioritizing tasks, projects.
- Assist in the evaluation of external manager recommendations of operating budgets and multi-year capital programs.
- Evaluates each direct investment annually by working with external managers to perform property ranking and hold/sell analyses.
- Make presentations as needed to the Board of Trustees and the Investment Committee.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with institutional quality real estate portfolio management preferred.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or a related quantitative field. (Advanced degrees, CPA, CFA, MA/MS and/or JD strongly preferred.)
- Experience managing large institutional real estate portfolio(s) and a commitment to preserving and enhancing long term value.
- Familiarity with real estate law concepts including purchase and sale contracts, lease contracts, mortgages, appraisals, development contracts and joint venture agreements.
- A broad demonstrated knowledge of real estate investment strategies and markets, as well as a familiarity with institutional managers of real estate investment management.
- Excellent quantitative, research and analytical skills and exceptional critical thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to succinctly present materials. Technical writing and presentation skills required.
- Solid organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines is critical.
- Highly developed skills in negotiation, structuring and documenting complex partnership agreements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be added or removed or changed at any time with or without notice.
AAP / EEO Statement
APFC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all. APFC follows all applicable Federal and State laws and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other class protected by law.
Real Estate Program
Real Estate is an important component of the APFC’s Portfolio. The portfolio is invested primarily in direct ownership of residential, retail, industrial, and office buildings in the U.S. and abroad. To achieve diversification and return objectives, the real estate investment strategy targets a mix of investment styles, ownership structures, property life cycles and property types.
The Real Estate team looks for opportunities to control decision making from acquisition to final exit including execution of asset management decisions through the hiring of all key onsite teams, as well as external advisors with the aim of improving operational effectiveness and value enhancement.
The objective of real estate is to generate steady cash flow, achieve inflation protection and to provide downside protection and an overall attractive risk/return proposition for the Fund. The APFC maintains a long-term horizon and is a conservatively run institutional real estate portfolio consistent with the Fund’s statutory authority.
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.