TENANT RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – COSTAR GROUP – RICHMOND, VA
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organization – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
The Research team is the heart of CoStar, capturing market-critical information that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact business decisions daily. CoStar Group’s research contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, retail stores, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. CoStar Group is seeking a Tenant Research Associate to join our growing research organization.
As a Tenant Research Associate, you will be investigating and profiling tenants that occupy commercial spaces in the market. This information helps owners, brokers and real estate professionals identify and make decisions on which companies are best suited for their properties.
- Investigate and profile commercial tenants occupying commercial spaces in a geographical market
- Conduct 2+ hours of phone interviews each day with the tenants, owners and real estate professionals occupying or managing commercial spaces
- Conduct web research to create comprehensive profiles on commercial tenants and business decision makers
- Document tenant movement within a geographical market
- Maintain complete and accurate Tenant rosters for various commercial buildings
- Investigate new property and tenant leads
- Document and profile corporate structures
- Associate’s degree required
- 8+ months experience in a customer service environment
- Microsoft Excel 2016 experience is required
- Flexibility to work shifts aligned with ET, CT, MT, and PT time zones
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to connect with people quickly and professionally over the phone
- Proven success performing to metrics or key performance indicators (KPI)
- Natural curiosity, persistence, and ability to conduct thorough investigative research
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Excel that includes the ability to manipulate data, filter, and develop basic formulas. All qualified candidates will be given an assessment to determine their knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2016
- Capability to accurately capture and enter data
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, changing priorities, and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Peletons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group:
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CAREER WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
CoStar Group seeks information for job applications from candidates in the Canada through only the following channels:
- The CoStar Group website
- Via email to/from addresses using only the CoStar domain of “@costar.com”
- Screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams or Zoom platforms
Be aware that:
- CoStar does not use Wire, Google Hangouts, or any other platform for any recruitment related activities
- Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with CoStar via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain
- CoStar will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.