Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 31 cities and 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. They control nearly $10 billion in equity and have $20 billion assets under management making it among the top 50 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, and related business park properties across North America and Europe through an array of value add and core return private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for value proposition and functionality, and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaged manner.
Our client is looking for an Acquisitions & Asset Management Analyst to support the firm’s investment and asset management functions. The Analyst provides analytical and research support to assist senior team members in making real estate investment decisions related to acquisitions and portfolio management. This individual will work as part of the fast-paced acquisitions and finance team supporting all elements of the acquisition and asset management process and will work directly with the head of acquisitions and the CEO on a daily basis. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop financial models and other analytical tools for acquisition analysis utilizing Argus and Excel software.
- Property level underwriting of new and existing real estate investments.
- Collection and analysis of market data including interacting with RE brokers.
- Review of due diligence materials.
- Preparation of investment committee memorandums.
- Act as a liaison with accounting and finance staff to assist in quarterly valuations/client reporting and portfolio analyses, partner distribution waterfalls and risk management.
- Assistant with mortgage debt solicitation, analysis and reporting.
- Debt Financing
- Asset Management
- Performance Metrics and Reporting
- Asset Sales
The candidate should have superior analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral forms. Superior financial knowledge and modeling skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance or Business from top-tier program.
- 1-2 years of real estate finance/acquisitions experience.
- Exposure to multifamily and/or office assets preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, financial knowledge and modeling skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral forms.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.