CCC works with for-profit and non-profit developers, as well as state and local government agencies on both straightforward and highly structured transactions. The projects we finance serve the homeless, seniors, those with disabilities, as well as low income families and individuals. They may also include workforce housing or market rate units and other commercial uses. We are among the largest Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage bankers in this sector in addition to being a balance sheet lender.
We work throughout the country from 13 offices and, according to Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in each of the past ten years. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country.
CCC is looking to add an experienced Underwriter to its growing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lending platform; the professional will be responsible for and possess the following qualifications:
* Create written and oral work products to test the financial feasibility and credit worthiness of construction loan forwards, permanent loans, and permanent loan conversions.
* Review due diligence and prepare internal committee packages for approval, as well as, credit submissions required by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
* Process transactions through internal systems to ensure regulatory requirements.
* Manage communications among a diverse mix of internal and external participants.
* Understand local and national requirements related to affordable housing financing.
* Travel to markets throughout the United States to conduct site inspections, meet with internal and external clients, and participate in training opportunities.
* Conduct analysis on firm special projects as needed.
* The individual should have established working knowledge of Freddie Mac and/or Fannie Mae Multifamily Underwriting Guides and be familiar with the processes of each agency.
* The successful candidate will be comfortable analyzing real estate projects for financial feasibility as well as analyzing market factors. This person will be well versed in commercial real estate concepts such as NOI, Cap Rates, debt service coverage, etc.
* The individual will have the tact and composure to be client focused while also managing internal and external relationships. A successful Underwriter will take ownership while maintaining attention to details and working independently or among team members.
* This person will have the ability to read, comprehend, and summarize legal documents collected in the due diligence process.
* Working knowledge of the nuances of Affordable Housing, bond and LIHTC transactions will be very highly weighted in favor of the successful candidate.
* Excellent analytical and computer skills including the ability to quickly adopt new technology
* Ability to travel (20% of time) on short notice necessary.
* Candidate is required to have a BA/BS with a minimum of 4 years in real estate loan underwriting or equivalent experience.
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.