Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company. QuadReal manages the real estate and mortgage programs of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), one of Canada’s largest asset managers with a $153.4 billion portfolio.
QuadReal manages a $37.6 billion portfolio spanning 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. The company seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
QuadReal is seeking an Associate to join its International asset management team to assist in overseeing the International portfolio with a primary focus on the Americas investments. The Associate will interact with joint venture partners to develop and execute asset strategy plans and to enhance value, increase returns and position the assets for growth. This position will also require close collaboration with Portfolio Management and Regional Investment teams working on variety of projects and will gain exposure to senior leaders within the company. The role will report to the Vice President Asset Management, International and be based in Vancouver, Canada.
- Work with the Vice President and Investment teams and joint venture partners to develop comprehensive asset strategies including construction & development, leasing, property improvements, capital budgeting, risk management, and hold/sell analysis
- Supervise the annual budget process with investment partners, internal analyst resources and Investment teams
- Analyze and compare current and historical financial reporting on key metrics against underwriting and budget
- Aggregate asset management data and prepare in conjunction with Portfolio Management monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting with for clients, senior management and BCI (as required)
- Assist in monitoring development and renovation projects with oversight by in-house Development Director
- Prepare hold/sell analyses, lease approval memos and other investment decisions in conjunction with the Investment team
- Assist in furthering key asset management initiatives to streamline and standardize reporting templates including refinement of the asset level master database tenant exposure dashboards etc.
- Liaise with research and investment teams to stay current on local market dynamics and understand its impact on how each asset is positioned in its respective market. Develop in market relationships with service providers to understand an assets competitive positioning relative to rents, lease terms, vacancy, supply/demand fundamentals, construction costs and pricing parameters
- Provide mentorship to analysts in the portfolio and asset management team as required
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline with strong academic credentials and a passion for real estate
- Minimum three to five years of real estate industry experience in asset management, portfolio management or investments
- Strong financial analysis and investment modeling skills in excel, Argus a plus
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Suite of products, Power BI, Power Pivot etc.
- Proficient in Yardi, Realpage or other revenue management/leasing tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly, and concisely, communicate to internal teams and external stakeholders and appropriately manage diverse points of view
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to independently complete projects and anticipate next steps
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.