- Toronto - 181 Bay St
BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers.
At Colliers, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
BE a Team Player. BE a Game Changer. BE a Thought Leader. Be all that and more at Colliers International. Join our team as a Director, Office Leasing in Ontario.
Who you are
A highly accomplished and seasoned professional, with the ability to communicate a positive image of our core values, both internally and externally. Client focused and able to take accountability for decisions, while making sound and ethical recommendations. The Director will behave like an ‘owner’ and carry out the roles and responsibilities that demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in order to achieve desired results.
The successful candidate will be a team player, working alongside colleagues, providing input and sharing ideas that result in achieving a common goal. Accountable for leasing commercial office assets or portions thereof, the Director will contribute to the attainment of corporate objectives, continuously improve the leasing process, contribute to business strategy and growth, and develop relationships with tenants, clients, and the team.
What you bring
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant leasing experience in commercial real estate, with an active commercial real estate license.
- Preparation of renewal and expansion proposals, negotiation of offers and assistance in negotiation of leases in collaboration with the lease administration department, asset management and external legal counsel.
- Support the Vice President, Portfolio Management, in direct dealings with Asset Managers/Clients regarding all relevant leasing decisions, detailed reports including financial analysis and strategy recommendations.
- Independently manage assigned transactions with oversight from senior members.
- A developed understanding of the Greater Toronto commercial real estate market, including lease rates, occupancy levels, recent transactions, and future trends.
- Ability to understand and advise on financial deal metrics, as well as preparation of all NER and budget analysis, and related financial calculations.
- Maintain updated transaction progress and data for the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare recommendations for senior management and/or asset management approval regarding lease transactions.
- Assist the VP, Portfolio Management in identifying and analyzing potential new opportunities in the GTA office market.
- Assist in the creation of the leasing vision and develop the leasing strategy for assigned assets that are aligned to the strategic approach for REMS clients.
- Procure support for and from other departments of Real Estate Management Services, mainly operations, construction, accounting, and legal services, to facilitate Client objectives.
- Participate in special assignments at a portfolio and national level.
- Creative thinking and an open approach to problem-solving and to opportunities.
- Provide input on new and existing sites, with respect to feasibility and availability of leasing in respective markets in collaboration with and under the direction of the VP, Portfolio Management.
- Preparation and contribution to reporting (ie. asset management, client reviews) and annual leasing budgets, and marketing strategies.
- Monitor all existing tenancies and expiries and ensure familiarity with lease rights and strategy.
- Continuous commitment to an understanding of the commercial real estate industry, and specifically Colliers’ stature in the market.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners as well as strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Productive communication and collaboration with listing brokers, property teams, and the Colliers network.
- Active engagement in enhancing and building relationships with tenant broker representatives and industry contacts.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, ethics, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle available to visit assets as required.
Bonus skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years of Landlord experience
- Property Management, Leasing and Asset Management Software (ie. CDM, Yardi, VTS).
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
What success looks like
- Must be able to build collaborative relationships with internal teams from various backgrounds and across functional areas to achieve goals. Has a team-first attitude and can share and learn across functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results that articulate key themes and messages to a senior audience.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and are regarded as positive and collaborative, with a view to supporting team and corporate initiatives.
- Must be able to think strategically, identify and analyze problems, take decisive actions when needed.
- Ability to take initiative, own your responsibilities, and produce high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, prioritize, allocate time efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to new ideas, produce accurate and reliable work.
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent oral and written communication skills, in order to effectively communicate across all levels internally and externally.
- You are confident in your ability to support client leasing objectives.
- You are aligned with the team and share in our mutual success.
BE who you are and what you want to be with Colliers International. We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job