- Minimum of five years of property management experience.
- Experience in a leadership position and in managing a staff.
- Experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software.
- Experience in writing and maintaining budgets.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of Yardi or other property management accounting software.
- Strong math and accounting skills.
- Strong typing skills.
- Strong understanding of financial statements (budget, financial reports, P&L statement, general ledger, etc.).
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local fair housing laws and provisions.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team.
- Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Detail oriented; ability to manage conflicting priorities and to adjust priorities on a daily basis.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, counsels and terminates staff in accordance with company policy.
- Provides leadership, coaching, guidance, ongoing feedback and motivation to staff, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Prepares, executes and monitors operating budget, ensuring expense control and effective rental collections.
- Assists in developing each property’s operation budget. Reviews monthly operating statements with the Property Managers to ensure that property is operating within the parameters of the approved operating budget. Makes suggestions to control expenses and manage the property at maximum cost effectiveness. Discusses any variances with the Property Manager.
- Works with Property Manager to ensure budgeted occupancy levels at budgeted rental rates and in conjunction with other property goals.
- If applicable, participates in scheduled Lease Rent Optimizer (LRO) calls, completes required reporting, and makes pricing recommendations to maximize rental income.
- Ensures the effective execution of lease renewal strategies as well as resident retention plans.
- Ensures ongoing and up to date knowledge of all market conditions. Regularly monitors market trends and portfolio competition.
- Develops, implements and monitors marketing plans for each property based on analysis of competitive properties. Assists each property in advertising and promotion needs to maximize marketing plans.
- Assesses each property to determine proper staffing requirements and makes recommendations.
- Responds to escalated resident complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Reviews social media websites to ensure online reputation management.
- Reviews and approves vendor contracts.
- Ensures that all general liability, workers comp and property loss claims are documented and reported timely and accurately.
- Ensures timely visits and personally inspects each property on a regular basis. Assures marketability of the community, both interior and exterior. Records deficiencies, including liability concerns and safety hazards, and ensures necessary action is taken. Maintains written record and reports, as required.
- Prepares and conducts corporate or investor tours.
- Coordinates with Redevelopment regarding ongoing property and unit renovations, if applicable.
- Coordinates with New Construction regarding status of project, if applicable.
- Approves and submits timesheets, commissions and bonuses timely and accurately.
- Assigns tasks and delegates work, monitors job progress and work flow, appraises work performance. Conducts regular audits to ensure overall compliance.
- Performs routine audits of on-site files and records and corrects problem areas with the Property Manager.
- If applicable, ensures that all bond or tax credit requirements are monitored regularly and are in full compliance.
- Communicates with owners, Asset Managers and Corporate associates, providing necessary updates, as required.
- Completes and communicates evaluations of associates and makes recommendations for salary increases and/or advancement.
- Holds regular staff meetings to ensure communication is received timely and consistently by all team members and to keep associates informed and engaged.
- Ensures that all associates under area of supervision are up to date with training; have a strong understanding of the company’s policies and procedures, including all fair housing laws, the operations manual (SOP), and employee handbook.
- Cross trains, coaches and develops qualified candidates for future opportunities within the company.
- Resolves associate disputes in a professional and timely manner, promotes associate retention, and controls associate turnover.
- Completes company required training by established deadline.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CAM or CPM certification preferred.
- Real estate and/or other license as required by law.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job