Hackman Capital Partners (HCP) is a 32-year old privately-held real estate investment company which creates value through buying and repositioning industrial and vintage commercial real estate, often transforming properties into higher and better uses such as creative office and high-end media campuses. HCP is a vertically integrated operating company with in-house acquisitions, development, entitlement, construction, asset and property management teams. The firm has completed more than $2.6 billion in real estate transactions across 41 states—having owned, through affiliated entities, over 400 buildings totaling 35-plus million square feet and 10,000 acres of land. HCP has a talented and dynamic group of professionals with significant experience in all facets of real estate investing and operations. The team is fast-paced and thrives on being ahead of the curve, embracing challenges and seizing the opportunity to navigate complex projects.
The Vice President of Investor Relations writes and distributes all investor communications, maintains the Company’s investor records and data, responds to investor inquiries, assists in fundraising including creation of materials and collection of subscription agreements, and collaborates with the Accounting, Asset Management and Finance departments to provide quarterly reporting to investors.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING
- Coordinate with all HCP departments to understand status of syndicated projects and funds and gather materials for communication to investors.
- Oversee quarterly investor reporting process by creating deadlines, collaborating with accounting and asset management departments, producing the report, managing the review process and distributing final product to investors.
- Determine what news is appropriate for investors in between reports and disseminate interim shorter updates.
- Act as a central point of contact for investor and investment manager inquires.
- DATABASE AND WEB ACCESS
- Maintain investor CRM database, and update as necessary.
- Respond to requests for transfers of interest by preparing necessary paperwork and updating records to reflect transfer and new ownership.
- Design and launch investor web access to information. Keep system updated.
- DISTRIBUTIONS AND CAPITAL CALLS
- Draft communications to investors for capital call notices and distribution letters.
- Coordinate capital calls and distributions with accounting department, send corresponding notices to investors, and track and receive capital call contributions.
- Maintain investor records for K-1 preparation, provide updates from prior years and new investment investor detail to tax preparers, review draft K-1s for accuracy, request tax documentation from investors as necessary, and distribute final K-1s to investors.
- Assist with fundraising include development of Decks, Investment Summaries, Private Placement Memorandums and Subscription Documents.
- Track prospective investors, distribute new offering materials, track subscription materials and contributions, onboard investor information and send executed closing documents for all new investments.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an investor relations role with an alternative investment manager and basic understanding of the product
- Tech savvy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
We are seeking a qualified candidate to start as soon as possible. This job description represents the basic qualification for this position. Our ideal candidate will manage multiple complex assignments with strong technical and communication skills. Prospective candidates will take a proactive approach to anticipating and solving problems and thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment. Hackman Capital Partners offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, paid parking, free on-site gym facility and 401(k) with matching.
- Business Development
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.