We are a private-equity, alternative investment management firm with Global headquarters in Miami and offices in NY and Canada. We capitalize on commercial real estate and infrastructure opportunities by using an entrepreneurial approach to build stakeholder value. We own investments in the following assets classes retail, office, and leisure. The Firm has a wealth of knowledge on capital markets – which combined with their ingenuity and experience – distinguishes us from other alternative investment managers.
The management team is comprised of contrarian, value-oriented investors in real estate and infrastructure focused on risk management. Leveraging the capabilities of partnerships with institutional investment managers and the related family office, these dedicated resources facilitate integrated solutions to best serve the unique needs of our Investment Management Platform.
The Firm has gone through significant business growth in the last 5 years and requires a strong COO/CFO that is very experienced and knowledgeable in commercial real estate, property management, business, operations, accounting and administration matters.
We are seeking a highly motivated Real Estate and Private Equity professional with outstanding academic credentials and real estate operating company experience. The individual in this role will function as the company’s second-in-command in a private equity real estate firm and alterative fund investment manager with responsibility over “day-to-day” operations and efficiency of the business.
The COO is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This individual will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Group and ALL its affiliated companies have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, professionals and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The goal of the COO/CFO is to secure strong stability, controls, efficiency and compliance of ALL the Firm’s Operations (including Finance, Accounting, IT, HR and Property Management) as the CEO drives extensive and sustainable growth.
The successful candidate should have substantial experience working with CRE PE firms managing the administrative, financial, , operations of the companies (including the development of a financial and operational strategy), metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The COO will help maintain relationships with the Firm’s stakeholders, Investors and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the CEO and in direct contact with lenders, investors and other key stakeholders.
The COO will establish and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain talent that may not currently be in place; and provide mentoring. Make “hiring / firing” recommendations in order to establish a core team by Dec 31st 2018.
Further, the profile seeks an individual with sound experience in private equity funds in connection with acquisitions and financing of real estate assets, and institutional lenders that originate loans. Must have business experience that can be converted into client relationships and substantial experience running operations with minimal oversight.
In summary, the COO will provide day-to-day leadership and management guidance which should mirror the adopted corporate mission and core values. You will oversee the growth of a self-sustaining sound financial and operational platform on which the CEO will be able to execute the Firm’s business objectives.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but will not be limited to:
- Oversees portfolio of assets budgeting, accounting and cash management to ensure accurate reporting, interpretation and analysis of financial results in conjunction with forecasts and long-range plans.
- Implements proper financial reporting to determine monthly and annual financial targets
- Manages and supports the preparation of the annual consolidated corporate audit and tax returns
- Establishes and maintains controls to safeguard the Firm’s assets; documents and recommends improvements to internal financial policies and procedures
- Oversees and approves the completion of timely financial statements and reports on transactions and/or information requests from lenders and investors
- Manages and monitors the Assets’ cash flow operational capital needs.
- Supervises the Accounting Manager and accounting staff on day-to-day operations that includes, but is not limited to, month/year-end close, accounts receivable & payable, financial reports, payroll, invoicing, cash receipts and disbursements.
- Defines the financial strategy, manages financial capital and communicates capital requirements/ implications of assets to the CEO
- Conducts meaningful proactive analysis to improve key financial decisions focusing on management of working capital, use of financial vehicles, and others
- Ensures efficient capital expenditures and minimizes taxes
- Provides useful financial insights to CEO in helping to make better decisions about formulating and executing the Firm’s business strategy
- Drives the annual budget process and the monthly reporting for all the assets and Group
- Proactively manages cash flows in a leveraged environment
- Effectively leads the finance / accounting team by developing and coach existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
- Develops and implements a financial risk management policy
Effectively manages existing loans and lender related obligations.
- Lead the annual strategic business planning in collaboration with the CEO to formulate the operational strategic annual plan
- Designs and implements operational strategies, plans and procedures in line with the Firm’s growth through its funds and new acquisitions
- Sets comprehensive operational goals that will assist in the assets’ performance
- Establishes policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversees daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Finance, Accounting, IT, HR, Property Management, etc)
- Leads employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluates individual performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Writes and submits reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
From time-to-time partakes with the CEO in fundraising ventures
- Oversees administration and general services
- Oversees legal and risk management for company and its assets
- Develop and oversee processes to ensure efficiency of corporate operations
- Manage human resources
- New Employee Orientation
- Manage Benefits and Payroll through ADP
- Training and Development
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Manage performance management system
- Establish programs to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Manage relationships with vendors
Support CEO and Executive Vice Chairman in the management of the business
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Master’s degree (MBA)
- Experience with Private Equity and Real Estate
- Experience working with Institutional investors including pension funds
- Prior Big 4/8 experience
- Experience managing property management
- Experience managing HR function
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and team building ability
- Excellent management skills
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
More than 15 years
This job is no longer active.