Waypoint Residential is seeking an Associate for our growing Senior Housing portfolio. This new role will be an integral member of our development and acquisitions team, primarily responsible for real estate analysis, creating pro forma projections, generating return analyses and conducting market research. They will have direct interaction with executive leadership surrounding the sourcing, underwriting, marketing and execution of transactions. A strong understanding of senior housing development and operations is required.
The position is based in Waypoint’s corporate office headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create pro forma projections and investment models for new senior housing acquisition opportunities.
- Generate return analyses for potential investments. This function requires a basic understanding of financial principles (time value of money, risk adjusted discount rates) and comprehensive knowledge of key metrics (IRR, debt yield, cash on cash return).
- Conduct market research to support key assumptions and requires the analysis of historical and competitive market data, the assessment of unit supply and demand generators, and the consideration of comparable transactions in the marketplace.
- Coordinate due diligence with brokers and third parties.
- Perform analyses of operating performance for portfolios and priority assets and comparison with industry ratios.
- Organize and maintain pipeline of active opportunities.
- Prepare internal presentations for deal approvals and provide support in connection with the creation of private placement memos in connection with capital raising activities.
- Populate site visit reports and track the follow up action items resulting from site visits.
- Coordination of investment memoranda and marketing documents.
- Track project status, coordinates meetings, track deliverables both internally and externally.
- Assist with ongoing financial modeling of the development.
- Support and may oversee progress of seller, buyer and lender due diligence checklists.
- Career-minded - Motivated, resourceful and versatile; driven towards performance improvement and professional advancement.
- Team Player – Desire to “own” the timely and effective execution of dedicated responsibilities, but also work collaboratively with other team members on collective goal seeking and achievement of firm initiatives.
- Project Execution Visionary - Highly skilled in taking a project from exploratory and conceptual to final production in a tight deadline driven environment.
- Solution Orientated—Resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Detail Focused —Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure highest level of quality control.
- Flexible and Intuitive – Able to pivot quickly and manage multiple priorities with a highly developed sense of urgency and commitment to excellence.
- Real Estate – Understands core commercial real estate concepts and investment structures
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in senior housing a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
- Highly proficient in excel modeling with no need of oversight (e.g. sensitivity tables, waterfalls, portfolio analysis, joint venture structures, multi-tiered waterfalls, etc.)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Asset Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.