Plans, Operates and maintains the Tucson site/facilities to meet Roche Tissue Diagnostics and Roche business, operational and safety requirements. In addition, this role will lead the analysis and execution of Real Estate transactions including new and renewing leases within the Roche Molecular Solutions (RMS) portfolio. They will be responsible for partnering with business leaders and external service providers to drive efficient use of all real estate assets and to identify/deliver cost savings and efficiencies. This includes implementing process improvements and tools to deliver transactional excellence to measure & report on operational performance. Also included is proactive analysis of the portfolio for improved lease terms and lowering of operating costs.
This requires the ability to translate RMS, Group, Corporate and Local needs/initiatives/directives into goals for the RMS Real Estate, Facilities and Site Services organization. Collaborates across all levels and functions of the RMS, organization, the DIA Site Services function and the Global CSE organization.
- Develops, execute and maintain the annual and long range strategic Site Master Plans and Business Continuity Plans based on RMS, RTD Business Plans and Standards.
- Proactively evaluates real estate requirements over a rolling 5 year time horizon, including the acquisition, disposition and development plans of RMS and RTD real estate holdings and lead real estate transaction projects, including leased and owned facilities. Leverage global resources available to support real estate projects. Develop recommendations to maximize real estate value and end use options and maintain global owned/leased property database.
- Completes financial analyses, prepare business cases and present recommendations for Real Estate opportunities and projects.
- Drives real estate standards and workplace policy standards to attain and maintain best-in-class portfolio productivity.
- Translates RMS strategy into business goals to lead and direct a high performance, customer focused Facilities & Site Services organization responsible for site technical engineering services, facilities project management, on-going facilities maintenance, space planning, site security, and campus food services.
- Directs RTD facility operations and maintenance programs which include life cycle costing, energy conservation and sustainability/recycling programs, asset management, reliability centered maintenance, performance measurement, and resource planning as well as developing, sharing and adopting technical innovations, life cycle costing models, best practices, KPIs and benchmarking information with the global Facilities community.
- Ensure operational efficiencies exploring multiple service models and strategies including various Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) models.
- Directs all RTD facility and site related capital projects in support of the annual business plan and the longer range site master plan. This includes overseeing the project initiation, requirements gathering, design, management approvals, costing, scheduling, installation, and post project review of projects from $5K to $50M+.
- Builds and maintain appropriate communication with local and global colleagues, as well as external resources and authorities to ensure RTD Tucson and broader RMS organization is compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations as well as internal quality system, regulatory and corporate directives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of long and short term security objectives, including policies and procedures for identifying and protecting personnel, property, facilities, operations, material and intellectual property from theft, misuse, assault, vandalism, product tampering, espionage or loss.
- Develops annual and five year Real Estate, Facilities and Site Services Department expense and capital budgets with accountability for executing against those budgets by managing spending and identifying cost reductions and savings opportunities.
- Identifies, develop and implement process improvements across all RMS sites based on industry best practices.
- Manages capital projects including all degrees of complexity of construction and build-out projects.
- Manages performance of Real Estate, Facilities & Site Services staff, including recruitment, development, and training of staff.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors contained within Roche Leader Commitments and an advocate for RMS cultural beliefs.
- Fosters a strong relationship with the rest of the organization and ensure the of Real Estate, Facilities and Site Services processes that align with the evolving needs of RTD, Molecular Solutions and Roche.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, facilities management, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Member of CoreNet, BOMA and/or International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or Certified Facility Manager (CMA) preferred, together with previous experience with site facility and security practices.
- 15+ years operational management experience preferably in a diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry with 7+ years of progressive management/leadership experience. Relevant experience in managing a mixed use property portfolio strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven commercial Real Estate (Global experience a plus) experience, Workplace Strategy and project management skills along with strong negotiation skills.
- Construction experience including competency in reading plans. CAD experience a plus.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others and interact across all functions and levels of RMS and global Roche organization.
- Demonstrated experience and success managing various service models including Integrated Facilities Management. (IFM)
- Ability to interact across a wide spectrum of external groups…i.e. equipment vendors, contractors, attorneys, consultants, government officials, regulatory groups, etc.
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex problems and experience with capital and departmental budgeting, spending and analysis.
- Demonstrated leader capable of directing an organization with a wide range of professional/educational diversity, while embracing RMS cultural values.
- Familiarity with local, state and federal building, construction and safety regulations and the corresponding support networks.
- Proactive, quick thinking, flexible. Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization, people and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
- Creates an environment of trust and respect.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Gmail, Gdrive, ME Word, Excel
- Facilities Management
More than 15 years
Apply for this job