Job Title: Asset Manager - Construction Debt and Value Add
Salary Grade: Associate Director
Department: Primary Asset Management
Position Reports to: Team Leader
We are seeking an Asset Manager with experience in real estate transactional work. The Asset Manager role is a client-facing position involving monitoring and prompting borrower compliance with covenants, evaluating and processing borrower consent requests, real-time assessment of risk profiles of real estate loans in the assigned portfolio, coordination and monitoring of interest billing and collection, and client reporting. Construction lending and/or development experience is strongly preferred.
- Formulating and executing deal resolutions to maximize repayment of debt or return for client-investor;
- Assessing performance of the assets relative to original underwriting strategies or business plans, competitors, and market conditions;
- Reviewing and approving monthly or quarterly reporting;
- Interacting with third party consultants including attorneys, title agents, brokers and sales agents, and construction consultants;
- Reviewing and approving draw requests;
- Reviewing and approving new leases;
- Coordinating asset servicing and reporting responsibilities with internal departments to ensure proper tracking and timely and accurate reporting.
- Creating and updating valuation models; and
- Occasional site visits required
- Bachelors Degree is required
- 2 – 5 years of relevant Asset Management experience
- An understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms
- Solid analytical and negotiating skill
- Solid understanding of Real Estate Capital Markets
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Argus and Outlook
- An advanced degree or other academic background in finance, accounting or real estate
- Argus experience
- Experience with work-out and challenging type deals is helpful
- A strong mathematical aptitude
- Construction lending and/or development experience strongly preferred
Trimont Real Estate Advisors is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Trimont Real Estate Advisors is a drug-free workplace.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years