WHO WE ARE
We are Newcastle Limited, a well-capitalized real estate investment and operating company that acquires, develops, and owns retail, multifamily, and mixed-use properties in urban Chicago. The firm’s growing portfolio includes 3,000 apartments and 600,000 square feet of retail space valued at $1.5 billion. Newcastle has delivered outstanding returns to its capital partners for two decades and is poised for substantial growth. For more on Newcastle Limited, visit www.newcastlelimited.com
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Newcastle Analysts gain experience in all aspects of real estate investment, development, and operations over a two-year rotation through the key operating divisions of this vertically integrated real estate investment and operating company. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team to evaluate investment opportunities, study firm-wide strategic alternatives, perform market analyses, report on asset and project performance, and support capital-raising activities with the firm’s capital partners.
CONDUCT RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Analyze opportunities and risks of new investment and development deals.
- Prepare financial models (Excel, Argus), analyze investment returns (DCF, NPV, IRR), model project capitalization, and perform sensitivity analyses.
- Perform market analyses. Track and analyze economic, demographic, and real estate market data to identify trends and draw supportable conclusions that guide investment decisions.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the performance of portfolio assets. Analyze financial and operating trends to uncover opportunities and identify potential problems before they occur.
PROVIDE STRATEGY AND INSIGHTS
- Evaluate value-add opportunities for portfolio assets.
- Partner with asset managers and operations managers to identify, evaluate and plan renovations, retail leases, and other large capital investments.
- Develop proposals and executive communications supporting investment decisions based on financial, market, and project analysis.
IMPACT INVESTMENTS AND GROWTH
- Collaborate with the CEO and Managing Directors on a variety of projects designed to exploit opportunities or overcome challenges on new investments and existing assets.
- Work with senior management, asset management, operations, project management, and accounting colleagues to achieve specific business objectives in our investment plans.
- Partner with the CFO to support borrowing activities to include preparing loan request packages, soliciting debt, and forecast loan compliance.
- Top academic performer with a BS/BA in finance, accounting, real estate, business, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience with real estate financial modeling and analysis.
- Strong analytical orientation with solid research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to construct and interpret complex financial models using discounted cash flows.
- Advanced Excel skills. Familiarity with Argus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Familiarity with real estate construction, permanent debt, and equity partnerships.
- Ability to understand and abstract legal documents, such as leases and purchase and sale agreements.
- Experience compiling economic, demographic, and real estate market data and interpreting it for use in investment and strategic decision-making.
- Desire and ability to develop relationships through networking and industry events.
- A highly motivated team player eager to work in a collaborative environment focused on delivering outstanding results for capital partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character, who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job